Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Treasury of Devotional Gems!

I wanted to highlight some free, online devotional resources that I've had listed for some time on the right, sidebar column of this blog.

My first and primary choice of a daily devotional read is Charles Spurgeon's Morning & Evening (also in searchable format).

Another great is Oswald Chambers', My Utmost for His Highest.

To both of these, I've recently added an additional, wonderful online devotional resource authored by Baptist pastor, Octavius Winslow (1808-1878), Morning Thoughts, as well as his Evening Thoughts.

It is my hope that this highlight will encourage your perusal and use of these and other devotional resources (see the others on the sidebar).

And while I have your attention, I'm curious . . . Do you use these or any other daily devotional resources? If so, what have you found to be the most helpful and have the greatest impact on your day, or on the way you view and/or approach your day and the challenges you face?

.

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spend my devotional time primarily in the Word. I do occasionally read my Puritan prayerbook. But since I like to spend the time outside or by a window I am not accessing a computer during this time.

 
At 8/19/2006 12:40 AM, Blogger R.S. Ladwig said...

Morning and Evening is definatly my favorite, but I do like the Valley of Vision as well. Its a collection of puritan prayers, they are so rich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home