Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter: The True Rolling Stone

*Reposted for Easter 2007. Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

Every Easter my mind goes back through the years and I hear Don Francisco singing He's Alive , recounting what Peter must have felt with the news of Christ's resurrection just bursting from the inside of his very soul, saying, "the stone's been rolled away and now His body isn't there. He's Alive!"

And the 2nd Chapter of Acts and the classic Easter Song, in which they timelessly proclaimed, "Here the bells ringing, They’re singing Christ is risen from the dead. . . The angel up on the tombstone, said 'He has risen, just as He said!'"

And, of course, Dallas Holm's own classic, Rise Again. I remember the first time I heard it - it gave me chills (still does)! I will never forget the lyrics that spoke of Christ saying, Laugh at me, Mock my name, Bury me, but very soon I will be free, because "Death can't keep me in the ground."

Right in line with Dallas Holm is the POWERFUL oration of the late Dr. S.M. Lockeridge of San Diego, CA, who spoke of His King (watch this video!) during a sermon in 1976, saying of Christ, "Death couldn't handle Him and the grave couldn't hold Him. That's my King." Here's the full text. This is a MUST watch and read!

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? (1 Corinthians 15:55)

This weekend, may each of us join the universal chorus of His people, past and present, and sing, Amazing love! How can it be, That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?!

Indeed, Jesus Christ is the first, the only, the true roller of the stone! Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home