Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two Songs: Two Different Messages

One album. Two songs. Two different messages?

Which of these lyrics gives a more scripturally supported view of a regenerate heart? Which should be our prayer; our proclamation? One, the other, both?

Your Love is Too Pure
Your love is too pure to ever force me to love You.
But, Lord, this is my heart’s true desire.
To love You beyond my human reason.
Burn it deep into my heart.
With your love’s holy fire.

Break My Heart, O God
Lord, You save every tear when I cry.
Knowing You love me leaves me wondering why You do.
For I know You know I don’t really love You.
For if I loved You I would lay my life down.
And if I loved You I would share what I’ve found in You.
Lord, show me every way that I don’t love You.

(Dennis Jernigan, Break My Heart [Word: Heart Cry 1991, ASIN: B00000317J])

>> I will note that I love this album! It has ministered to me for a number of years. Please check out Dennis Jernigan Ministries and read Dennis' testimony. What an example of God's sovereign, electing grace and redemption!

1 Comments:

At 2/23/2009 8:46 AM, Blogger Puritan Lad said...

God is such a gentleman :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home