Having Taken, He Gave
- Having become with us the Son of Man, he has made us with himself sons of God.
- By his own descent to the earth, he has prepared our ascent to heaven.
- Having received our mortality, he has bestowed on us his immortality.
- Having undertaken our weakness, he has made us strong in his strength.
- Having submitted to our poverty, he has transferred to us his riches.
- Having taken upon himself the burden of unrighteousness with which we were oppressed, he has clothed us with his righteousness.
John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV)