Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving: How Can I Say Thanks?

And the twenty-four elders who sit on their thrones before God fell on their faces and worshiped God, saying, “We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, who is and who was, for you have taken your great power and begun to reign. (Revelation 11:16-17)

When I was thinking about Thanksgiving, and the words "thanks" and "thankfulness," I was reminded of the above verse in Revelations, and the 1970's song by Andrae Crouch that just keeps going round-and-round in my head. His song "My Tribute" was my all-time favorite growing up. I use to listen to that album (yes, the old vinyl LP, folks!), over and over again! I could think of no better way to express my thankfulness at this time of Thanksgiving than with Andrae's words:

How can I say thanks
For the things You have done for me,
Things so undeserved,
Yet You gave to prove Your love for me.
The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude.
All that I am and ever hope to be,
I owe it all to Thee.

To God be the glory,
To God be the glory,
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done.
With His blood He has saved me,
With His power He has raised me,
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done.
© 1971, Andrae Crouch

All I can say is, "Thank you, Lord!" To you, alone, be all the glory, praise, and thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

At 11/22/2006 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

 
At 10/27/2008 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking on the internet and came across your site.It was confirmation for the topic I believe the Lord gave me as I was asked to preach the second sunday in November.

The title of my message is "How can I say thanks". Thank you and may the lord continue to bless you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home