Thursday, August 21, 2008

School Dreams: Is It Just Me?

It's that time of year again - Back to School! And with the purchase of school supplies and new shoes for the kiddos come the inevitable school dreams!

It's been 20 years since college, and 16 since law school, and yet, when school starts up for the young'ins, so start up my school dreams.

They typically look like this:

1. I'm in the hallway, kids all around me. I've never been in the school before and don't know where anything is, let alone my classes. Sometimes I have a class schedule, and sometimes I don't. But always, I'm frantic in my attempts to find out where I'm supposed to be, or where I'm going next.

2. I've graduated from high school, college and law school, and am practicing law. But I've just been informed that back in high school I failed to take one class (usually English), so my college degree and Juris Doctor are null and void until I go back and take that missing, overlooked class.

3. I'm back in high school, a senior, and it's the last school day of the year. I'm one day away from graduating when I suddenly discover that I've missed one class (and it's English again, or sometimes Math), all year, and without it I won't graduate.

But what about you? Please tell me I'm not the only one having these dreams at this time of the year. If great minds are thinking (dreaming) alike, tell me what yours look like! How are they the same, similar, or different?

(And no, I don't have dreams of standing in the school hallway only in my underwear.)

2 Comments:

At 8/23/2008 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to have found your website. My hubby lived in Montana for years and is an avid Huskers fan!! Go Big Red!!! Like your website very much!

 
At 8/25/2008 9:54 PM, Blogger Walter Hampel said...

I wanted to comment on your school "dreams" (or really a low-grade nightmare). This still happens to me occasionally. I will dream that I am back in college and that I have utterly neglected one of my very easy classes to pour my time into a harder class. This results in the "when I go to class today, do I have a paper or exam due?" Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one who has such dreams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home