Thursday, March 05, 2009

Painted By Blood, Gripped by Undeserved Love & Grace

Today on my commute to the office I was listening to J.J. Heller's recent album, Painted Red, and was really struck by some simple yet powerful truths in her song by the same name -

"You have bought me with Your blood; And I am painted red by Your love."

>> I am so thankful for His blood. Oh, what a price was paid to save a wretch like me (1 Corinthians 7:23); one redeemed, covered by His blood (Ephesians 1:7).

"If I could not say a word; My life would speak of love I don’t deserve."

>> Such undeserved love! How can I say "thank you" enough for the fact that when I was still yet a sinner, in enmity with God and in utter rebellion, He, who is rich in mercy, showed His love to me by dying in my stead (Romans 5:8, 8:7; Ephesians 2:4-5, 2:8-9; 2 Corinthians 5:21)?!

"Hope means holding on to You; Grace means You’re holding me too."

>> It is God who is faithful and whose hand of grace holds and sustains me (Psalm 18:35, 37:24; Isaiah 41:13; Acts 17:28a). I may lay hold of Him as my hope in glory (Colossians 1:27), but it is by His saving grace that I am gripped by Him - the one who promised to never leave or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5), or allow anyone to snatch me from His hand (John 10:28-29).

Yes, these truths set to song struck a chord with me today. And I am humbled and thankful for Christ, my Savior and Lord, for His covering blood, His undeserved love, and His gripping and sustaining grace!


(J.J. Heller, Painted Red, Stone Table Records 2008)

1 Comments:

At 3/11/2009 8:40 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

awesome blog! Informative...full of chesed and emet!

shalom aleichem as you continue to administer Truth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home