Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wayne Grudem - Reading List!

Please note that I've added to my Reading List on the right sidebar, Dr. Wayne Grudem's book list of over 115 volumes for a seminary or pastor’s library. You may also find it here, in MSWord format.

Dr. Grudem calls this list "a first attempt at listing books for a beginning seminary in countries where English is spoken at least as a second language, or as a basic library for someone in Christian ministry." He says, "a library with these books will enable students to do a significant amount of detailed study of the Bible and theology."

I love book/reading lists, and I'm happy to include Dr. Grudem's as a recommended, theologically sound list of biblical resources.

You may also find various articles written by Dr. Grudem, here.

3 Comments:

At 12/08/2006 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my major disagreements with Grudem's theology is his belief in the continuation of the charismata. This view stand contrary to the traditional reformed view which advocates cessationism.

 
At 12/09/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger TSHusker said...

It's funny, David, but that's just what I like about Wayne. But then, while very Calvinistic in my beliefs, etc, I also come from more of the C.J. Mahaney,Sam Storms, Adrian Warnock, John Piper and Wayne Grudem camp that does not necessarily believe in complete cessationism.

Thanks David for stopping by and posting a comment! Come back again soon, and often. And blessings on you, your family, and your own blog site that I visit often.

Tom

 
At 12/12/2006 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linking from site to site and came across yours. I also am an attorney who after some years was blessed enough to be able to go to seminary (MABS, RTS '96). While there I ran across Grudem's Systematic Theology and have used it often in my teaching assignments. Currently worship at a Vineyard church in New Braunfels, just a bit down I 35. You probably are aware that Grudem has written at least one position paper for the Vineyard. I agree fully with his continuationism, if that is a word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home