Jesus Christ Is Grace; Truth; and All-Glorious!
As we start this new year, may we begin with a firm, clear, bold declaration of Who Christ Is!
Jesus Christ is full of Grace and Truth! He is -
- full, to a sufficiency for every end of grace!
- full, for practice, to be an example to men and angels as to obedience!
- full, to a certainty of uninterrupted communion with God!
- full, to a readiness of giving supply to others!
- full, to suit Him to all the occasions and necessities of the souls of men!
- full, to a glory not unbecoming a subsistence in the person of the Son of God!
- full, to a perfect victory, in trials, over all temptations!
- full, to an exact correspondence to the whole law, every righteous and holy law of God!
- full to the utmost capacity of a limited, created, finite nature!
- full, to the greatest beauty and glory of a living temple of God!
- full, to the full pleasure and delight of the soul of his Father!
- full, to an everlasting monument of the glory of God, in giving such inconceivable excellencies to the Son of man!
- glorious in His throne, which is at “the right hand of the Majesty on high!”
- glorious in His commission, which is “all power in heaven and earth!”
- glorious in His name, a name above every name—“Lord of lords, and King of kings!”
- glorious in His scepter—“a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of his kingdom!”
- glorious in His attendants—“His chariots are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels,” among them He rides on the heavens, and sends out the voice of His strength, attended with ten thousand times ten thousand of His holy ones!
- glorious in His subjects—all creatures in heaven and in earth, nothing is left that is not put in subjection to Him!
- glorious in His way of rule, and the administration of His kingdom—full of sweetness, efficacy, power, serenity, holiness, righteousness, and grace, in and toward His elect—of terror, vengeance, and certain destruction toward the rebellious angels and men!
- glorious in the issue of His kingdom, when every knee shall bow before Him, and all shall stand before His judgment-seat!