Saturday, April 28, 2007

In GOD I Trust: Sorry Bounty Hunter Dog

Lately I've been seeing quite a bit of advertising for Duane Chapman, the Bounty Hunter, also known as "Dog." The advertising pitch/line is "In Dog We Trust."

Now, I'm not really too terribly offended by this (maybe I should be), and it's not causing me to foam at the mouth and scream, "heresy" or "blasphemy" (maybe it is both, and I should be screaming this), but it's obviously affected me enough to blog it, and contradict this message.

Not intending to cast aspersions upon Dog (this advertising is most likely the idea of A&E), I do declare and affirm that it is in Jesus Christ of Nazareth, and Him alone, that I place my trust, my life, my all! For it is in Him that I live and move and have my being (Acts 17:28), and it is upon Him that I cast my cares, for He cares for me (I Pet. 5:7; Ps. 55:22). I trust in Jesus Christ! I trust in the one, true God who is infinite, eternal, and unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth!

1 Comments:

At 5/03/2007 7:34 AM, Blogger Red Letter Believers said...

There is an article on the faith of Dog Chapman found at the Red letter believers site ---
http://redletterbelievers.blogspot.com/2007/04/dog-bounty-hunter-gods-bloodhound.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home