Thursday, June 21, 2007

Is It Any Wonder? Where's Our Priority?

An estimated 75 million adults (42%) said that reading the Bible is very important to them . . . but less than 50% of Americans can name the first book of the Bible.

Then, of those 42% that said they read the Bible, the average amount of time they spend reading their Bible is less than 7 minutes a day.

And yet, the average person spends almost 5 hours a day watching TV.

Is it any wonder the condition we find ourselves? The condition of the church?!

How about you? What's your condition?

Joshua 1:8a This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it.

Psalm 119: (15) I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. (16) I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word. (105) Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (147) I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in your words. (148) My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promise.

John 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me

2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

Helpful Resource - D.A. Carson, For the Love of God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home