Thursday, July 12, 2007

Say it Loud; Say it Proud: Reformation!

Pope Benedict XVI recently declared that non-Catholic, Christian churches / denominations are either defective or not true churches, i.e., the Roman Catholic Church provides the only true path to salvation.

I'm hear to accept and give thanks for the fact that I'm apparently not in the "approved" church! I'm here to say it loud and proud that I am a 5-Sola Child of the Reformation! I'm so thankful that my salvation is sure, based on the finished work and blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and is not dependent on the proclamation of a man, or my membership in some, "correct," church.

Sorry, Pope.

2 Comments:

At 7/13/2007 9:42 PM, Blogger Puritan Lad said...

For some reason, the pope's statements have upset a lot of Protestants. Perhaps this will ignite the church to study and find out what it means to be Protestant.

Church "division" can be a beautiful thing can it? :)

 
At 7/15/2007 8:15 AM, Blogger Bryan said...

I think it upset a lot of Protestants because they had fallen into a theological complacency, wherein salvation by works and personal merit and salvation by faith alone and grace alone were somehow on the same playing field. They aren't. And thank the Pope for saying this plainly. Maybe it will give those "protestants" what they need to realize the ecumenical thought of joining hands with Rome is a 500 year step back in the wrong direction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home