Thursday, September 27, 2007

Purchased! Sealed! Free!

You are redeemed!, not with perishable things like silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ as the Lamb without blemish or stain. (1 Peter 1:18-19)

These wonderful words of truth of Christ's atoning blood - the blood that purchased His people, that sealed their pardon, and made them free - were penned by Philip P. Bliss, who, although initially surviving a train wreck, was killed while trying (unsuccessfully) to rescue his wife. These lyrics were found in his belongings after the accident.

I'm humbled by these truths, and thankful to my Savior for purchasing me, pardoning me, and setting me free! Today and always I will sing of my Redeemer!

I will sing of my Redeemer, And His wondrous love to me;
On the cruel cross He suffered, From the curse to set me free.

Refrain
Sing, oh sing, of my Redeemer, With His blood, He purchased me.
On the cross, He sealed my pardon, Paid the debt, and made me free.

I will tell the wondrous story, How my lost estate to save,
In His boundless love and mercy, He the ransom freely gave. (Refr.)

I will praise my dear Redeemer, His triumphant power I’ll tell,
How the victory He giveth; Over sin, and death, and hell. (Refr.)

I will sing of my Redeemer, And His heav’nly love to me;
He from death to life hath brought me, Son of God with Him to be. (Refr.)


Redeemed! Purchased! Sealed! Free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home