Wednesday, November 21, 2007

With A Heart of Thanksgiving

That for which I am thankful:

*My wife and children

*My church, Grace Church, and pastors Craig Cabaniss and Pete Payne

*That my name is written in heaven, in the Lamb's book of life. (Luke 10:20)

*That Christ's boundless love conquered my boundless sin.

*That He is ever faithful, when I am too often faithless. (1 Cor. 1:9; Deut. 7:9)

*His perfect obedience and shed blood hide all my transgressions from view. (Augustus M. Toplady, A Debtor to Mercy Alone)



*The cross, against which there is nothing in which to boast. (Gal. 6:14)

*The name, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, which is above every name. (Phil. 2:19)

*That by my sinless Savior's death (by which my sinful soul is counted free), God, the Just, is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me. (Charitie L. Bancroft, Before the Throne of God Above)



*That His mercies are new every morning, and his steadfast love endures forever. (Lam. 3:22-23; I Chron. 16:34)

For what are you thankful?

(Photo: Paul Lee, HighPoint Fellowship)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home